14.1.06

Alphabet of Days (16 & 10)

16.

poets spread the sky as though
their earnest love were the dark
wet thighs of perfect sound

the oohh that refuses its end
the deepest throb before a moon
breaks free that last sweet moment
to spin its white to black

– after “Definitions” by Eileen Tabios



10.

Journal of the Plague Year

my sickness is this war my sickness is
this death my sickness is this war my death
is this sickness is my war my death is
this sickness is my war my death is my
sickness is my plague is my war is my
death is this war is my death my sickness
is this plague I am sick to death of war
I am sick to death of this war I am
death and hell on a black horse I am sick
I am sick my plague is this death my war
is my sickness my plague my plague my plague
my death my sickness I am death I am
death my war and it is you it is you
lily petals floating in a glass jar

No comments: