2.1.06

dead and loving it


The terrible and beautiful urge to kill and destroy is the dilemma presented by the Radish King’s word-meanderings of Rebecca's blog today, 01/02. That springs, no doubt, from a fine artistic temperament. To create and destroy aren't easily separated, and for good reason. The very act of writing is violence on the blank page – albeit a necessary act for the writer, but an act of violence nonetheless. I like that idea a great deal. What’s the James Bond film – Licence to Kill. Aahh… Just the right blend. And legal too. But from the artistic standpoint – not legal. A true crime, and dastardly sweet. I like it already.

Maybe living every day on the edge of tearing up all I’ve written – just the idea of it, mind you – is the very kick that will open my day.

I’m going to try it.

No comments: