16.6.06

a few of my favorite birds...

These are all common in my yard, among my feeders and trees. They add to my day in ways that I can't begin to explain. [The hummingbird photograph is by Bobby Castlebury. All other images are by Bruce Cole.]



Goldfinch













Tufted Titmouse












Downy Woodpecker












Ruby-throated Hummingbird



Carolina Chickadee











Indigo Bunting













If you're interested in the calls or songs of these birds, the Patuxent Bird Identification InfoCenter has a great archive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice little creatures and photos. Before reading I thought you were the photographer.

Arlene said...

thanks for the terrific link, sam! i've always been curious about the birds in my area, so this is such a treat. lovely pics!

a.

sam of the ten thousand things said...

I do wish I had taken the photographs. I'm working on it.