29.1.08

hand in your ticket...

my own musical score (part 7) ... Songs that connect with or are the foundation for my poetic sensibilities:


keeping to the path when the forest is burning




Ballad of a Thin Man

Bob Dylan

Because something is happening here
But you don't know what it is
Do you, Mister Jones?


*

I’m surprised at some of my choices, but here they are.

I tried not to censor my approach or guide it in a specific direction. I’m amazed that The Beatles, Robert Johnson, and Tom Waits are absent. But – that’s the way the world of this musical score fell together … On another day, perhaps – and no doubt – a different list would have emerged.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Still a mighty impressive list and a fine denouement. Thanks for compiling this list.

Pris said...

Ohhh. I like this choice, too! I was surprised that I didn't get in a Tom Waits one, too. I agree that tomorrow a different list might come.