26.2.08

meme...

as tagged by Nicole - the megalopoet

How to play:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.


The Classical Mind, W. T. Jones (p. 123)

But what if reality is not single, as the Milesians had supposed? What if it is dual, as the Pythagoreans had maintained? We could then say that one of these realities is in constant flux, as Heraclitus had asserted, and that the other is eternally one, as Parmenides had claimed.


Tag: Collin, Sarah, Clare, Laurel, Andrew

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hah got it!

Unknown said...

I resisted the temptation to reach for a book that was farther away. My reading inclinations are known now to the whole world. :D

Arlene said...

oooh, sounds like an interesting book, sam! and i adore that donald justice excerpt. thanks for sharing.

thanks for the heads-up, too!

warmly,
arlene

Anonymous said...

I am LOL at the sentences that came up for you: sounds just like the class I had to drop in grad school because I couldn't wrap my mind around it...

I'm much better now.

Anonymous said...

excellent, and i'd expected nothing less of you. oh, now i have to go back to my library. always head of the class, here. love the duhamel above-- and she does indeed give us the extra out of the ordinary-- her poetic energy/output's remarkable.

*hah* "ksb" is part of my crypto-veri today!

SarahJane said...

danke für das Tag, Sam. Tag completed!

sam of the ten thousand things said...

I appreciate the visits.