15.6.08

a day to say what needs to be said...

I love you Dad. And I’ve never told you that enough. We don’t agree on politics or science or literature… but we absolutely agree, and always have, on education.






I know you’re a master of the orchid, the bee, exotic mountain plants, stone masonry. I could go on. Each one wonderful and worthy of the aspirations of a lifetime.

But I would say that the most important lesson you’ve taught me is the example of helping your child the most when the need was the greatest. At that you never failed. Not once.

7 comments:

Kate Evans said...

Beautiful tribute to your dad. Those of us who have dads who are part of our lives in good ways are very lucky.

sam of the ten thousand things said...

Thanks, Kate. You're right.

LKD said...

My father would've done anything for me. And often did.

Thank you for reminding me of that, Sam.

sam of the ten thousand things said...

Thanks for the read, Laurel.

Lisa Nanette Allender said...

Hi Sam--I'm close with my Dad, and yeah--we don't always "agree" on everything, but the love, that's always, always there.Good for you, publishing this!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Sam. I lost my father last August. I can't imagine having a better father. He was tremendous.

sam of the ten thousand things said...

Thanks, Lisa & Clare, for the visit and the read.